Read the “ Zappos: Delivering Customer Satisfaction ” case, located on page 475 of the textbook.
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the manner in which Zappos’ leadership has fostered a culture of ethicalness in the company. Suggest two (2) actions that other companies can take in order to mimic this culture.
- Determine the major impacts that Zappos’ leadership and ethical practices philosophy have had on its stakeholders.
- Examine three (3) of the ethical challenges that Zappos faces. Recommend three (3) actions that Zappos’ leadership should take in order to address these ethical challenges.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the core values in relation to developing a culture of ethicalness. Determine the manner in which the core values support the stakeholder’s perspective.
- Analyze the major ethical challenges that Zappos has faced. Determine whether or not you would have resolved these challenges differently than Zappos’ management. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
WEEK 9 DISCUSSION
Leadership and Ethics” Please respond to the following:
- Use the Internet to research someone you believe to be an ethical leader of a company. Focus on his or her actions of ethical leadership that support your viewpoint. Next, define what you believe constitutes ethical leadership. Provide two (2) examples of the selected leader’s actions that fit your definition of ethical leadership.
- Evaluate the leadership of a leader in your organization, or prior organization, in terms of the seven (7) habits of ethical leaders. Determine one (1) area in which this leader could improve upon, and suggest one (1) action that this leader could take in order to do so. Note: Please do not identify workplaces or leaders by name.
WEEK 10 Discussion
Top of Form
“Environmental Awareness and Organizational Sustainability” Please respond to the following:
- Use the Internet to research one (1) environmentally aware organization and its actions. Next, examine the selected organization’s relationship between sustainability, ethical decision making, and social responsibility. Provide one (1) example of this organization demonstrating environmental awareness.
- Determine the major effects that an organization’s environmental awareness has on its sustainability. Recommend one (1) approach that HR can take to use an organization’s environmental awareness in order to attract and retain top talent.
“Transfer It” Please respond to the following:
- Rate the three (3) most important concepts that you learned in this course in order of importance (one  being the most important). Propose two (2) applications of this knowledge in your current or a future position.
- Predict the most significant ethical issue that you believe HR professionals will face in the next ten (10) years. Provide a rationale for your response.
Bottom of Form