Chapter 1: An Orientation to Lifespan Development
Write responses to each of the following questions. Write the responses in your own words, do not copy and paste from your textbook, or another source. Cite a reference for the information provided for each question. Include a reference list.
- Responses to questions are accurate. – 5 points
- Each question has a reference citation in APA format; reference list is included/accurate. – 2 points.
- Responses are written in student’s voice. – 3 points.
- What is Life Span development?
- What are the Characteristics of Development?
- Why is there diversity in Development?
- The study of human development is scientifically-based – how do we know this?
- Theoretical perspectives are broad categorizations of perspectives about development: humanistic, cognitive, contextual, evolutionary, psychodynamic, behavioral. Describe each of the perspectives listed.
- What are influences that contribute to diversity in development? (cohort, age-graded, history-graded, sociocultural-graded)
- Describe each of the key debates in the study of human development.
- What are the roles of theory and hypothesis in scientific inquiry related to the study of human development?