A company s profits are described by the equation y = -x2 + 8x + 20, where x is how much product (in millions) they sell, and y is their profit (in thousands).
20) What are the solutions if 0 = -x2 + 8x + 20?
21) By what other name could you call those solutions?
22) Describe what is happening in the problem?
23) Find the vertex of the parabola.
24) What does the vertex mean in the context of the problem?
25) The company needs to earn at least a $42,000 profit this fiscal year. How much product will they need to sell to reach that goal?