According to Porter O’Gradey and Malloch (2015), “In the twentieth century the focus of work was on performing the right processes. In the twenty-first-century the focus is on obtaining the right outcomes” (p. 4). The purpose of using evidence to guide practice is to promote positive outcomes. How do you see yourself as a change agent guiding others to move from a process focus to an outcomes focus? Discuss this in relationship to your area of concentration – practice and/or education. Elaborate the rationale behind the change from process to outcomes.
1. Discuss the difference between a Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
2. What would be your recommendation for training personnel on your BCP and DRP if your plan documents were adopted by a business?
Similarly to Discussion 2, for Discussion 3:
- Your post must have at least one scholarly reference that you researched your post from… in APA format please.
ECON 4400 Final project
Due by Tuesday 12/11 3:45 pm
This final project will constitute 25% of your final grade. For this final project you will write an approximately 5 double-spaced page paper (excluding the works-cited page). More than 5 is fine, but please don’t write me a full thesis worth of information (I have 80 papers to grade…). In this paper you will estimate a log-wage equation focusing on a particular variable of your choice as the treatment variable. I will provide you two separate datasets for this project. You will use one of these datasets depending on what research question you decide to pursue. I am providing the documentation for each dataset. To begin, you should first review the documentation for both datasets and pick a research question and corresponding treatment variable (e.g. returns to education, returns to experience, returns to tenure, gender or racial wage gaps,…). Your paper should include 6 total sections:
- Identification strategy
- Discussion and conclusions
- Works cited
You should do the following in your introduction:
- State your research question
- Motivate your research question: Why should we care about your research question? Is there a policy implication? Are there implications for social welfare? You need not convince me that your research question is the best research question in the history of the world, but demonstrate that you’ve put genuine thought into why it is worthwhile. You are welcome to include any news articles, scholarly articles, or any relevant and legitimate source that you think helps establish why your topic is interesting.
- Discuss relevant pre-existing literature: You MUST discuss at least one peer-reviewed article relevant to the research question you choose. You are welcome to include more than one if you wish. You do not need to give me an in depth synopsis of the paper. It is sufficient that you describe the general research question the paper is trying to answer, and provide the general results of the paper (e.g. this paper studied the returns to education and found that for each additional year of education there is a predicted increase in wages of X%). Make sure you properly cite your sources! I will discuss in-class a couple of sources you may visit to find articles.
Distinguish which of the two datasets you use. Describe the dataset: how many observations are there, what is the underlying data source (e.g. CPS, NLSY), what year(s) is the data from, describe any specific characteristics of the sample (e.g. is it only one gender…), describe how each variable you include is measured (e.g. for education it is years of education, experience is potential experience defined as…, etc). Out of the two datasets why was this one best-suited to your research question? If you use wage2 you should reference the originating paper (which I will provide) for further details regarding the dataset.
In this section you should detail the models you estimate in order to answer your research question. You must type out each model neatly and properly formatted. I will discuss in class how to write equations in Word. You MUST estimate at least two models:
- A simple regression model of log wages on your treatment variable of interest.
- A multiple regression model of log wages on the treatment variable and any important control variables.
- Rather than simply running a “kitchen sink” regression where you dump all of the other variables into the model as control variables just because you can, you should demonstrate that you put some thought into why each of the additional variables you add may cause omitted variable bias. That is, you should briefly describe how each control variable could be related to BOTH the treatment variable and log wages.
You should estimate each model described in your identification strategy in RStudio. You should notice in each of the two datasets that I have excluded a variable for log wages, so you will first have to create a log wage variable. The function in R to take the natural log of a variable X is simply “log(X)”. This section should include:
- A SINGLE table with results from all of the models you estimated. I will discuss in class how to format the table. This table should include all of your estimates, standard errors for each estimate, number of observations, and adjusted R-squared for each model.
- An interpretation of the coefficient estimate on your treatment variable for each model you estimate. Determine whether or not the treatment variable is significant (and at what levels) for each model.
- Compare the estimate for your treatment variable between the models with and without controls. How did the estimate change when you included the control variables (e.g. what direction and how much)? What implications does that have for omitted variable bias from other unobserved factors?
This section should wrap up your paper with conclusions about your research question drawn from your results and discussion about the validity of your identification strategy in uncovering the average causal effect of interest. This should include:
- Detail what your results imply about your research question (e.g. my results imply that for each additional year of education the returns to education are…). If this has any specific implications in regards to how you motivated your research question, make sure to mention this (e.g. policy implications).
- Discuss factors that may cause your identification strategy to fail to capture the average causal effect you are seeking. Can you think of any specific variables that you were unable to control for that may cause omitted variable bias? How could future research address this shortcoming?
Cite each and every source you use. Use APA formatting for works cited. For in-text citations, just use a parenthetical citation with authors name(s) and publication year.
Wage1 documentation (taken from Wooldridge package in R):
Wooldridge Source: These are data from the 1976 Current Population Survey.
A data.frame with 526 observations on 24 variables:
- wage: average hourly earnings
- educ: years of education
- exper: years potential experience, defined as [Age-educ-6]
- tenure: years with current employer
- nonwhite: =1 if nonwhite
- female: =1 if female
- married: =1 if married
- numdep: number of dependents
- smsa: =1 if live in SMSA
- northcen: =1 if live in north central U.S
- south: =1 if live in southern region
- west: =1 if live in western region
- construc: =1 if work in construc. indus.
- ndurman: =1 if in nondur. manuf. indus.
- trcommpu: =1 if in trans, commun, pub ut
- trade: =1 if in wholesale or retail
- services: =1 if in services indus.
- profserv: =1 if in prof. serv. indus.
- profocc: =1 if in profess. occupation
- clerocc: =1 if in clerical occupation
- servocc: =1 if in service occupation
Wooldridge Source: M. Blackburn and D. Neumark (1992), “Unobserved Ability, Efficiency Wages, and Interindustry Wage Differentials,” Quarterly Journal of Economics 107, 1421-1436. Professor Neumark kindly provided the data, of which I used just the data for 1980.
A data.frame with 935 observations on 17 variables:
- wage:monthly earnings
- hours:average weekly hours
- IQ:IQ score
- KWW:knowledge of world work score
- educ:years of education
- exper:years of work experience
- tenure:years with current employer
- age:age in years
- married:=1 if married
- black:=1 if black
- south:=1 if live in south
- urban:=1 if live in SMSA
- sibs:number of siblings
- brthord:birth order
- meduc:mother’s education
- feduc:father’s education
Risk management practices within the financial sector are of particular interest to regulators. This is because the failures within this sector disrupt the functionality of the financial system and derail economic growth and efficiency. A historical reference point is the subprime meltdown of 2007 because it is the most prominent example of a massive risk management failure. In this assignment, you will evaluate the consequences of such a failure.
You have been hired by the board of Financial Leaders to facilitate a presentation on this topic. You must submit the items you intend to cover to the event planner by next week. Your presentation should be in PowerPoint and should address the bullet points below. You must also submit your presentation notes that you intend to use during the presentation using the Notes feature at the bottom of the PowerPoint slides.
- Discuss why credit risk management within the financial sector is so essential.
- Why do you think so many banks failed to properly manage risk prior to the financial collapse?
- What are the consequences of failing to manage credit risk and whom do they affect?
- What measures can banks employ to mitigate credit risks?
- 1.Accurately discusses why credit risk management in the financial sector is so essential through the use of specific
- 2. A valid argument on why so many banks failed to properly manage risk prior to the 2007 financial collapse that uses specific examples is given.
- 3.At least two valid consequences of failures of credit risk management that include specific examples are given AND who is affected by each failure is thoroughly discussed.
Write 3 pages essay according to the article “The Uber accident-Waymo Technology and the future of self-driving cars”
You will identify the problem or opportunity and discuss a viable solution based on your analysis of the case.
The general structure of all critical analyses:
1.Describe the business situation, including the macro-environmental and micro-
environmental conditions facing the organization.
2.Develop the problem statement: the opportunity or threat facing the organization.
3.What alternative strategies and programs would you consider in dealing with the opportunity or threat to the organization?Present each alternative in sufficient detail to give the reader an idea of why it may be beneficial.
4.Recommend one or more of the alternatives you have identified. Inform the reader of your reasons for these recommendations.
5.Describe tracking metrics to determine whether your recommended strategies and programs are effective. Be sure to include both intermediate and conclusive metrics to guide management’s redirection of ineffective strategies.
6.Summarize what you have learned from your critical analysis. You are encouraged to do external research on the industry or the company as a context for your analysis. In-text source citations and a comprehensive bibliography are required. Your report must include the focal reading plus at least three references in addition to the company’s website or Wikipedia.
“Second Wave Feminism”, gained strength during the 1970’s. For this essay assignment, research and write about a popular television show from the 1970’s, which reflected the changing role of women in American culture. Discuss your findings.
This paper should be 1-2 pages, in APA style, utilizing the college’s library resources. One scholarly article as a minimum should be included in your essay.
Please read chapter 7 of the class textbook (page 106 to 112) and review the attached PowerPoint presentation. Once done developed a plan of care based on the “Health Planning Model” using your windshield survey and family health assessment. When developing the plan please put emphasis on Table 7-1 and 7-2. A minimum of 3 health assessment are required and it must be posted in the discussion tab of the blackboard for your peers to review and discuss and in Turnitin for grading.
Please open the attached documents for the instructions and guidance on the Community health planning assignment. As stated in the instructions this assignment must be posted in the discussion tab of the blackboard for your peers to review and discuss and in Turnitin for grading. Instructions must be followed as given and the assignment must be presented in an APA format, word document, Arial 12 font.
Prepare: Start by reviewing General Education Curriculum found in General Academic Information and Policies in the Ashford University Catalog, which addresses the core competencies that the general education courses must cover: Applied Ethics, Communication, Information Technology, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning. Review Week 5 Resources that are applicable toward career success.
Reflect: Think about the core competencies as previously mentioned, and ponder your time taking general education courses. Reflect on the specific courses not associated with your college major and determine the level of new information you have acquired that relates to the core competencies. You must also think about a potential job you might apply to once you graduate and determine what skills you developed through general education courses that make you qualified for a specific job.
Write: For this discussion, you will address the following prompts:
- Review a job description through a job website (e.g., Career Builder, Monster, etc.) in your desired career field. Please provide the job title and the link to the job description.
- Identify at least five skills you have obtained through your general education courses that will make you successful at this job.
- Demonstrate with at least two examples how your newly acquired knowledge and skills have shaped both your personal and professional development.
- Describe your plans for putting your education to use within your community.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations (see In-Text Citation Helper) and references (see Formatting Your References List).
1. Provide an example based on your professional experience of a situation in which using a multiple regression model or nonlinear regression model may have helped your organization make a better decision.
2. What types of business situations or problems might best lend themselves to multiple linear regression? What types may not? When do you anticipate using a multiple linear regression model in your postgraduate, professional experience? Explain.
Discuss Chinese economy progress from 1949 to present in 200 words. Only major reforms needed. Expert in economics needed. If you’re not, kindly don’t bid.