Watch the documentary “Inside Job” narrated by Matt Damon, and then prepare a 2 page typed single spaced paper. Focus of the paper is to identify issues which led to the financial crisis and the how ethical decision making played a role.
For this assignment, you will submit the final version of your 750-1,000 word research paper on a controversial topic involving a Cultural Identifiers and the implications for K-12 public education.
Using a minimum of three scholarly journal articles from the last 3 years complete your paper so that it addresses the following:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies 2-3 arguments presented for and 2-3 arguments against the issue.
- Discusses associated injustices arising from the issue, including how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic
- Explains solutions you recommend implementing to remedy the associated injustices, and why you selected them.
- Concludes by identifying where you fall on the cultural competence continuum in relation to the issue, including your commitment to understanding others’ frames of reference (e.g., culture, gender, language, abilities, ways of knowing), in order to reduce personal biases and improve relationships with colleagues, students, and students’ families.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,
Personal Journal. You are required to maintain a written journal each day for a six week period. In this journal, you
are expected to address the following questions each day: 1) what were the most important decisions you had to make
regarding your own behavior and/or lifestyle today? 2) How did you make these decisions? 3) What were your
decisions? 4) Were your decisions the “best” decisions you could make, reflecting on lessons from family, school, and
society? 5) What did you learn about yourself today? Each daily entry is to be no less than 300 words in length (typed,
- Hacking IoT: Case Study on Baby Monitor Exposures and Vulnerabilities – Rapid7
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A CASE STUDY
A case study analysis requires you to investigate a problem, examine the alternative solutions, and propose the most effective solution using supporting evidence. Your submission should be no more than 2 pages and needs to adhere to APA formatting for spacing and citations. Include a title page, your case study (1-2 pages), and reference page. For guidance on APA formatting check out this resource: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/
Preparing the Case
Before you begin writing, follow these guidelines to help you prepare and understand the case study:
- Read and examine the case thoroughly
- Take notes, highlight relevant facts, underline key problems.
- Focus your analysis
- Identify two to three key problems
- Why do they exist?
- How do they impact the information security field?
- Who is responsible for them?
- Uncover possible solutions
- Review course readings, discussions, outside research, and your experience.
- Select the best solution
- Consider strong supporting evidence, pros, and cons: is this solution realistic?
Drafting the Case
Once you have gathered the necessary information, a draft of your analysis should include these sections:
- Identify the key problems and issues in the case study.
- Formulate and include a thesis statement, summarizing the outcome of your analysis in 1–2 sentences.
- Set the scene: background information, relevant facts, and the most important issues.
- Outline possible alternatives (not necessarily all of them)
- Why are alternatives not possible at this time (if not possible)?
- Proposed Solution
- Provide one specific and realistic solution
- Explain why this solution was chosen
- Support this solution with solid evidence
- Determine and discuss specific strategies for accomplishing the proposed solution.
- If applicable, recommend further action to resolve some of the issues
- What should be done and who should do it?
Finalizing the Case
After you have composed the first draft of your case study analysis, read through it to check for any gaps or inconsistencies in content or structure: Is your thesis statement clear and direct? Have you provided solid evidence? Is any component from the analysis missing?
When you make the necessary revisions, proofread and edit your analysis before submitting the final draft.
Confidence Interval” Please respond to the following:
Note: Online students, please select one of the two subjects to discuss.
- Use the Internet or Strayer Library to research articles on confidence interval and its application in business. Select one (1) company or organization which utilized confidence interval technique to measure its performance parameters (e.g., mean, variance, mean differences between two processes, etc.). Give your opinion as to whether or not the utilization of such a technique improves business process for the company or organization that you selected. Justify your response.
- Select one (1) project from your working or educational environment in which you would use the confidence interval technique for the process. Next, speculate on one to two (1-2) challenges of utilizing such a technique in the process and suggest your strategy to mitigate the challenges in question.
What are some of the cognitive changes that happen during adolescense and early adulthood? How does structure of thought and thinking change?
1 final group consensus . sum u 6 opinions into one Communication Expectations:
I do believe communication will be key to being successful in this class. I do believe we should all be making contact or checking our messages at least 3x a week and sometimes more depending on the assignment. I believe the group discussion board or email will be our best form of primary contact but as class progresses we may need to have a conference call or two to be more effective. In some assignments it may be a better form of communication because sometimes translation can be lost in email or text. I believe any issues or concerns we should use the group’s primary form of contact to immediately address.
When it comes to communicating and this is an online course, I believe that an acceptable time response is 24 hours. As a full-time teacher, unfortunately, my best times are on the weekend. I understand that as the deadline approaches, communication naturally needs to increase. I would expect each team member to check the Group Discussion Board four times a week. For “live” communication through online calls or chats, I believe this is most helpful to clarify issues and tones and make sure people’s opinions and thoughts are fully expressed. Some people speak better than they can write in a discussion board. I believe the discussion board is useful to bounce ideas off of but the live communication is better for clarifying after initial ideas.
I know everybody has lives outside of school work. With that said, this is a group based course so group communication will be key to our success. I think response times should be as prompt as possible, and certainly by the end of the day. I feel we all should be checking the Group Discussion Board daily to be sure there is nothing new posted, and if there is, see it in a timely manner in order to help answer any questions there may be. I believe online chats will be an integral part in our communication and success. If we need to include calls, we will as needed. The discussion board/emails should be used for any topics
I believe that, success in any activity is built on hard work and determination. This course work is partly team work. So knowing the kind and background of the people forming my group will help a lot when it comes to effective communication. My expectation about response times is that, each member will try to spend at least thirty minutes a day to read and get to stay updated to whatever is happening. Staying updated even without any immediate response or contribution to me is good because I know a member will surely participate when he is free.
Conference calls or online chat is good but it will be quite difficult to be productive in this case because of individual schedule. I believe group email communication is perfect and with that, any group member can send submission and get later response from others. The Group Discussion Board is to be used for communications regarding anything that will help the group achieve its goal in the course.
I expect group communications to be done in good schedules to avoid disrupting personal roles which might be vital for the success of the group. The acceptable times should be the scheduled ones. Team members should check the discussion board at least three days a week. Conference calls and online charts will be used to communicate vital information to group members such as necessary changes. They will also be used to correct group members and remind them of their vision, goals, and objectives.
I would imagine because this program is designed for the working professional who does not have time to check daily a 24-48-hour response time Monday- Friday would be acceptable. Since people live in different time zones and work various shifts I do not expect any conference calls or live sessions to be efficient or reasonable. Email seems to be an efficient way to communicate and I do not know of any chat features in blackboard.
What are the social and emotional challenges of this stage of life?
- Assess the value of total quality management (TQM) to health care systems. Include two (2) ways in which implementing TQM would be beneficial to a health care organization.
- Compare and contrast run and control charts. Include their uses in health care systems.
Dove has continued its social media public relations (PR) campaign on beauty and self-esteem. In 2014, Meaghan Ramsey presented “Why Thinking You’re Ugly is Bad for You” at a TED Talks event.
In the TED Talk presentation, Ramsey does not mention Dove. Without focusing on the organization in the speech, why would this be a good PR event for Dove? What does it achieve for the organization? Why do you think Ramsey, who is the Global Director of the Dove Self-Esteem Project, chose this way to communicate with Dove’s customers (and potential customers)? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages?