A polster interviews 2,500 randomly chosen U.S. adults and finds that 69 percent of them say they are in favor of capital punishment. He concludes that 69 percent of the U.S. adult population favors capital punishment
Case Assignment 1 Tools n’ Rules (Group work)
Due Date: February 6thth in class
Case sixteen from the Case Book: Tools n’ Rules
- Using SWOT, evaluate Healthy Brush, Dennis Gaines’s first product.
- Using SWOT, evaluate Tools n’ Rules as a company. What is necessary and important for the company’s short-term success? For its long-term success?
- Prepare a break-even analysis for ‘Gaines Maxi Brick Rule’. How much profit would Dennis make if he is successful in selling his entire shipment? (Explain your thinking and assumptions clearly).
- Evaluate the three opportunities that have been presented to Dennis Gaines and give recommendations. (Develop decision criteria to evaluate these alternatives).
Write the report in the format described in the accompanying document titled ‘a note on how to write an analysis of a case’.
Cases will be graded on the following criteria:
- Quality of analysis
- Application of marketing and business terminologies/ theory
- Adherence to the requirements
All cases, unless otherwise specified, are to be submitted typewritten (letter quality) 12 pts. Times New Roman, 1.5 spaced on 8 ½ x 11 inch white paper. Only stapled hard copies will be accepted. Maximum 7 pages (excluding exhibits/tables).
Teams must ensure that all the individual team members contribute evenly to any teamwork. It will be the responsibility of each team to set out in writing the guidelines for its organization, performance and function.
It is very important to note that assignments are that of the team’s own work. Any submission of duplicate work will be considered plagiarism and will be handled accordingly.
Case Evaluation Form
|1. Analysis||Points||Poor||Fair||Good||Very Good||Excellent|
|Assessment of /SWOT, Micro/Macro Environment||2||□||□||□||□||□|
|Thorough analysis of major issues||1||□||□||□||□||□|
|Effective use of relevant concepts for the analysis||1||□||□||□||□||□|
|2. Recommended Actions|
|Clear statement of criteria used||1||□||□||□||□||□|
|Identification of viable options||1||□||□||□||□||□|
|Specific plan for implementation||2||□||□||□||□||□|
|Consistent and effective argument||.5||□||□||□||□||□|
|Clear and concise writing style||.5||□||□||□||□||□|
|Equal attention to main parts||.5||□||□||□||□||□|
|Fulfillment of the requirements||.5||□||□||□||□||□|
|4. Exhibits (if needed)|
|Relevant Support for key points||N/A||□||□||□||□||□|
) Write a statement that defines an array coins of type int and initializes it to the value of the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half-dollar, and dollar
You have the task of measuring an unknown temperature using a constant-volume gas thermometer. At the temperature of boiling water, the absolute pressure of the gas in the bulb is 1.251 x 105 Pa. The absolute pressure is 1.141 x 105 Pa at the unknown temperature. What is that the temperature on the Celsius scale to the nearest degree?
Analyze the health status of a specific minority group. Select a minority group that is represented in the United States (examples include American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander).
In an essay of 750-1,000 words, compare and contrast the health status of the minority group you have selected to the national average. Consider the cultural, socioeconomic, and sociopolitical barriers to health. How do race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and education influence health for the minority group you have selected? Address the following in your essay:
- What is the current health status of this minority group?
- How is health promotion defined by this group?
- What health disparities exist for this group?
- Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most effective given the unique needs of the minority group you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective choice.
Cite a minimum of three references in the paper.
You will find important health information regarding minority groups by exploring the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) links:
- Minority Health: http://www.cdc.gov/minorityhealth/index.html
- Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH): http://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/resources/publications/aag/reach.htm
- Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations: http://www.samhsa.gov/specific-populations/racial-ethnic-minority
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center
Suggestion regarding Credit limit. Should it be approved or not, what should be the amount of credit limit that electronics give to Booth Plastics.
Relationship of Height and Weight Using the given Height and Weight data set, follow the steps in the weekly video or on pages 584-585 of the textbook for performing a regression analysis using Excel to analyze the Height and Weight Data set (assume height is the input variable x and weight is the output variable y).Once you have performed the analysis in Excel, state the correct simple linear regression equation and use the regression equation to predict the weight (in pounds) of a person who is 65 inches tall and the weight (in pounds) of a person who is 100 inches tall. Why might the regression equation you have found not be a good predication of the weight of someone who is 100 inches tall?Download the Height and Weight Table Here. have performed the analysis in Excel, state the correct simple linear regression equation and use the regression equation to predict the weight (in pounds) of a person who is 65 inches tall and the weight (in pounds) of a person who is 100 inches tall. Why might the regression equation you have found not be a good predication of the weight of someone who is 100 inches tall? Download the Height and Weight Table Here.
Evaluate community-level interventions to prevent drug use, abuse and addiction.
Your state has a forthcoming referendum concerning no smoking in public places including bars and restaurants. Follow the ten steps on page 137 on negotiation planning.
Attached is the ten steps on negotiation planning, please follow that.
Week 1 Project
- For each of the 2 majors create a pie chart using the column ‘School Type’. Comment on your results.
We can see here that 80% of the Business majors in this study attended a private school.
We can see here that the type of school attended for engineering is almost half private and half public.
- For each of the 2 majors create a frequency distribution and histogram using the column ‘Annual % ROI’. Group with starting at 6% (0.06), ending at 11% (0.11), and go by 0.5% (0.005).
|Annual % ROI||Frequency|
|6 to 6.5%||0|
|6.5 to 7%||2|
|7 to 7.5%||9|
|7.5 to 8%||3|
|8 to 8.5%||2|
|8.5 to 9%||0|
|9 to 9.5%||1|
|9.5 to 10%||1|
|10 to 10.5%||2|
|10.5 to 11%||0|
|11 to 11.5%||0|
|11.5 to 12%||0|
|Annual % ROI||Frequency|
|6 to 6.5%||0|
|6.5 to 7%||0|
|7 to 7.5%||0|
|7.5 to 8%||7|
|8 to 8.5%||3|
|8.5 to 9%||1|
|9 to 9.5%||0|
|9.5 to 10%||2|
|10 to 10.5%||2|
|10.5 to 11%||2|
|11 to 11.5%||1|
|11.5 to 12%||2|
From these charts, we can conclude that most college educations will yield at least a 6.5% and up to an 11.7% Annual ROI if you major in Business or Engineering.