disscuss intellecutal cowardice and then provide an example of a deeply help belif that, when attacked ,causes a strong emotional respond in you
Rapid Fire Reflection
Journals allow you to think about how the course content relates to your experiences, philosophies, and beliefs. There are no right or wrong answers; the value lies in your critical thinking. The questions below may spark some ideas regarding language and communication. You do not need to address all the questions; instead, write down your thoughts as they unfold.
You are surrounded by language and communication! Language and communication has become more expansive in our new digital world. While these changes do open many doors, there are also new areas to reflect on. Think about your day today.
- How did you communicate?
- Is this different than how you communicated 10 years ago?
- How about 20 years ago?
- Our language and our means of communication have changed over time.
- Have our rules and theories also changed?
- What about our interactions and expectations?
- How about the effectiveness of our communication?
- How do you think the new forms of language and abundance of diverse communication methods will affect our children and youth?
- What is the impact of this new communication on the “old” forms of communication?
- Do you think there will be a change in the language acquisition process?
- What might be the advantages and disadvantages of such a change?
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entries.
– The Americo Oil Company is considering making a bid for a shale oil development contract to be awarded by the federal government. The company has decided to bid $110 million. The company estimates that it has a 60% chance of winning the contract with this bid. If the firm wins the contract, it can choose one of three methods for getting the oil from the shale. It can develop a new method for oil extraction, use an existing (inefficient) process, or subcontract the processing to a number of smaller companies once the shale has been excavated. The results from these alternatives are as follows:
SEE ATTACHED FOR THE REMAINING DETAILS.