• Articulate the best practices for selecting, recruiting, evaluating, and developing people.
• Evaluate the key practices that should be followed when making workforce changes and letting people go.
• Assess the ways to motivate and engage top talent.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in people management.
Research the people-management practices of the following companies: Johnson & Johnson
Write a 5-7 page paper in which you do the following:
1. Describe the company’s overall people-management strategy. 2. Discuss its approach to employee rewards and motivation.
3. Evaluate the company’s culture. (Which aspects do you find most appealing, and which concern you?)
4. Analyze the company’s ability to attract and retain employees. (What competitive advantages does the company have, and what are its greatest disadvantages?)
5. Make recommendations for strengthening the company’s workforce strategy. (What would you do differently, how would you do it, and why?)